Forum problème matériel Acer
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Display Star Wars Unlimited Ombres de la Galaxie : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

tres mauvais service support ACER

tres mauvais service support ACER Empty tres mauvais service support ACER

Message  mtl_qc Jeu 31 Déc - 4:44

Bonjour,

J'écris ici juste pour que tout le monde soit averti du service de support exécrable de ACER. Vous pouvez voir par vous même dans la chaîne de courriel ci-bas. Je demandais une question tout simple concernant un document sur leur site web et plusieurs courriels plus tard (et une grosse perte de temps et d'énergie) toujours pas de réponse.

Alors, soyez averti!

Bonne journée

Mtl_Qc

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Ram Upgrade

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Prinson Thomas) - 12/30/2009 05:22 PM
Dear L,

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I’ll be happy to assist you with this issue

As per our records your system is out of warranty

Sorry to inform that Acer do not support configuration changes ,We will not support any changes that you have made in factory configuration

You can change configuration in your own responsibilities ,However Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products.

You may call Answers By Acer in 1-800-237-6483 . However, it's a fee based support. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

Another option is that you can approach a local technician.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Customer () - 12/30/2009 01:25 PM
Ok, I guess I will try one last time and make myself as clear as possible since your previous message ignored COMPLETLY once AGAIN my question.

1) my question has NOTHING to do with any particular system.
2) it has to do with a document, posted on your website, available to EVERYONE to see (even if they never bought a computer from your company), so irrespective an any warranty issue.
3) on the said page (see hyperlink above) there is a line regarding RAM (random access memory) where one can read "/ 2GB".
4) again, this is valid for EVERY computer for which these specs are applicable, independant from the fact that one might have bought one of the said computers.

Could you confirm that "/ 2GB" means in plain English: "can support up to, a maximum of 2GB total (max 1GB x 2 sodimm).

I hope we can clear that last part once and for all.

In fact, I feel that my question was fair and simple, that it could have been easily answered clearly a LONG time ago and that would have saved you and me a lot of time and energy.

Should you not answer appropriatly this time, I will post this chain of messages on different forums on the web to show how unreasonable, slow, painful and useless your service can be. I warned you about that before so this is not a surprise. I gave you multiple chances to help me out but was met with partial answers at best. And this is NOT and isolated event since multiple persons wrote on your part.

Hoping to close this topic ASAP.

Thanks

L.

Response (Riyas) - 12/30/2009 11:16 AM
Dear L.,

Thank you for contacting Acer America.

I have verified your serial number and found that your computer is out of warranty.

I understand that the issue is related to RAM upgrade.

As per the Acer policy we are unable to provide support for out of warranty products.

However, Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products.

You may call Answer By Acer ( ABA) 1.800-237-6483. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

I hope that you find this response informative.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site: http://support.acer.com/

Thank you for contacting Acer,

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Customer (L) - 12/30/2009 09:30 AM
Well, if you read the first email, you can see that I already knew it came with 256 x 2! Anyone using CPU-z or Speccy would get that in 2 sec.

Now could you confirm that "/ 2GB" (found on a spec page for RAM) means in clear English, "can support up to 2GB"?

Fairly simple and concise question. Easily answered by yes or no. Not relating to my personal computer but to a clarification of a document you posted on your website (which should have nothing to do with any sort of warranty).

Thanks

L.

Response (Riyas) - 12/29/2009 08:07 AM
Dear L,

I have verified your serial number and found that your computer is out of warranty.

I understand that the issue is related to RAM upgrade.

Please be informed that your computer consist of 512 MB RAM ( 2 - 256 slots).

I hope that you find this response informative.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site: http://support.acer.com/

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Customer (L) - 12/28/2009 01:47 PM
Alright, thanks for confirming that the specs apply to both country. That's half-way there.

Now for the last question (we can all stop wasting time on such a foolish issue), could you confirm that "256 or 512MB / 2GB" (found on a spec page) means in clear English, "It comes with 256 or 512 MB but can support up to 2GB".

As you can see, that is not a direct question but merely a demand for clarification of existing information that could have been written a bit more clearly. I also looked for a legend to explain the lingo but couldn't find one.

I hope we can settle that last question so we can avoid the waste of energy of me posting on forums and you having to deal with that.

Thanks

L.

Response (Ancymol KA) - 12/27/2009 07:18 PM
Dear L,

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I’ll be happy to assist you with the issue of upgradation of RAM.

As per our records your system is out of warranty.

The system specification apply for both USA and Canada.

We regret to inform you that since you are Out Of warranty we do not have lot many options in front of you.

Please be informed that,"Answers by Acer" is a convenient and affordable fee based technical support service that is great for answering "how to" questions or technical issues once the product warranty has expired. With your purchase of the service you would have instant access to our Highly Trained agents.

You may call Answers By Acer in 800-237-6483. However, it's a fee based support. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/

Have a great day!

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Customer (L) - 12/27/2009 03:51 PM
Wow, you TOTALLY ignored the last message!

Maybe you have difficulty to understand the English language, in which case, I'd like you to forward this to someone that has at least a working knowledge or English.

I don't want you to update the memory, I want precise information on what I actually bought.

1) How much RAM can this computer support total and per dimm
2) What is the highest frequency it can support (e.g. PC 2700/DDR 333)

These are NOT related to any warranty, just simple information. If I was to buy a computer and wanted to know it, EVERY company (other than yours it seems) would just tell me the information.

And even if you consider it part of any warranty (which I certainly don't think), I live in Quebec and I am covered by the "Legal Warranty" under the laws of Quebec (please see hyperlink in previous message) which state that I am entitled to a reasonable warranty, which can't be arbitrarily limited to any given number of years by Acer.

So, last try, could you please answer simply the 2 questions above.

If not, the next step will be to post this chain of message in my regular forums so that people are aware of Acer's inability to provide simple questions which CLEARLY should be available on your website in a concise and precise manner (which is NOT the case).

Up to know, it's nothing more than a way to tell your customer to use the fee-based service.

Thanks

L

Response (Dhinil UnniP) - 12/27/2009 01:27 PM
Dear L,

Having reviewed your email, I understand that you are facing issue Ram Upgrade.

As per our database your system is out of warranty.

For our records, It will consider as this issue is resolved. If you have any other concerns, please feel free to contact us again by using our Web submission page.

For further support, please contact Answer by Acer to resolve the issue.You may call Answers By Acer in 1-800-237-6483. However, it's a fee based support.

Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year.

You could visit these website's to purchase the parts for your computer. The website addresses are http://store.acer.com/accessorylocator.asp or http://acer.shopbysystem.com/

For further clarifications, please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/

Have a great day !

Respectfully,
Acer America
Online Technical Support

Customer (L) - 12/27/2009 10:41 AM
Hi, thanks for the link to the webpage...but it is the specs for the United States. I bought mine in Canada. To these specs apply to both USA and Canada.

Secondly, it kind of answers one of the question (DDR 333...although it just says what is in there, not what is the maximum frequency).

But, just to be sure I understand well, could you confirm that "256 or 512MB / 2GB" means in clear English, "It comes with 256 or 512 MB but can support up to 2GB". If that's the case, it will answer 1.5 out of 2 and I guess that will be good enough.

Thanks

mtl_qc

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

tres mauvais service support ACER Empty Re: tres mauvais service support ACER

Message  mtl_qc Jeu 7 Jan - 2:33

Pour ceux que ça pourrait aider:

Pour les portables Aspire 3004, la quantité de mémorie maximum est de 2GB (deux barettes de 1GB) et la vitesse maximale est bien DDR 333.

mtl_qc

Revenir en haut Aller en bas